Deviant Demise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey look up in the sky!

3 posters

Go down

Hey look up in the sky! Empty Hey look up in the sky!

Post by Irocky Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:25 am

Up there! At the top of the forums! Its a bird! Its a plane! Its an... advertisement? /joy. Seems like the forumotion admins finaly decided to place some big fat flashy annoying ads in our site now that our post count is 1400+

I don;t mean to nag in any way Mark, but what plans do we have for coding our own forums? Or would we rather pay forumotion (not now, but near future... say a few months) for ad-free hosting? Just asking out of curiosity is all so don;t read to deep into it.
Irocky
Irocky
Master Tacticion & Soloist

Back to top Go down

Hey look up in the sky! Empty Re: Hey look up in the sky!

Post by Mark Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:03 am

We dont have any plans at the moment. And I cant afford to pay another monthy fee at the moment.
Mark
Mark
THE Deviant

https://deviant-demise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Irocky Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:18 pm

Well, I know you have been working on using the webspace and domain you bought, so why not check out phpbb.com. Its an open source, downloaded-able, upload-able, customive-able PHP forum. It's got a huge selection of pre-made templates and custom widgets you can choose from and modify. I'm not entirely sure of the specifics of uploading it to deviant-demise.com, but it's at least worth looking into as coding your own forum is a massive project for which there may not be/isn't any tutorials

As for fee's. if there's anything we need to pay for let me know. Once the guild gets going and we start being active I might take up a small hosting fee if we have one.
Irocky
Irocky

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilu Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:02 pm

If you can afford to leave a pc running 24/7, using phpbb you can run your own forums for free. I've done it several times Smile

Let me know if you need any help!

Tilu
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum